Our Achievements & Aims
In 2004, Asha Deep Vidyashram had 15-20 students, one teacher, about five books, some slates and chalk, and one rented room. We now have writing tables and chalkboards in twelve classrooms, educational materials, textbooks, art supplies, and a 3000 book library. Just as important, we now have sixteen teachers and about 200 students who have pulled together into a caring community of people eager to teach, learn, and help each other. When parents realized that their children were receiving good quality education, their enthusiasm for the school grew as well as their hope for their children’s future.
Since our opening, accomplishments include:
- Receiving accreditation from the Uttar Pradesh Board of Education (State Board).
- Providing a nutritious lunch and longer school day for the children in grades 2-8
- Creating a computer lab and including computer education in grades 2-8
- Establishing an arts program including crafts, drawing, music, tabla, and dance
- Building a 3000+ book library
- Staging an exciting public performance each Spring for 15 years
- 68 of our graduates have passed 10th grade; 27 of our graduates have passed 12th grade. (23 of our students are currently working toward passing 12th class.)
- 7 now have bachelor's degrees and 4 are working on master’s degrees
In a brand-new chapter for Asha Deep, we are currently in the process of building a new school on our own property. We plan to open in our new location in July 2023.